Who doesn’t love a blueberry muffin, it must be one of worlds favourite flavours. Heres a great dependable recipe that you can change the flavours on depending on the season.
Ingredients make 6-8 muffins
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 100g golden castor sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 125g plain yoghurt
- 125ml whole milk
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 75g blueberries
- 1 lime
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl and blend together with your hand.
- zest the lime straight into the bowl over the flour.
- Mix the egg, yoghurt, milk and melted butter together in a jug. Pour them into the dry ingredients followed by the blueberries and mix lightly, stopping as soon as everything is combined – it’s essential not to over-mix or you’ll get dense, cakey muffins.
- Spoon a some mixture into each muffin case, fill them well if you want the muffins to rise up.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C/gas mark 4 for about 30 minutes until golden brown.