- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 4 rashers of pancetta (or smoked streaky bacon)
- Fresh sage
- 50g butter
- 4 pork chops with the bone taken out
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the apples and grate them in to a bowl. Dice the pancetta and chop the sage, add to the apple, finally add in the butter and mix it all together.
- Using a sharp knife cut horizontally into the loin of the meat (that’s the round lean piece of the chop). When you put the knife in, try to cut a pocket to create some space to put the apple stuffing into.
- Stuff the chop with the apple mix, be careful not to over fill the chop. Season the meat with salt and pepper, then drizzle a little olive oil over the chop.
- Place the chops on the BBQ or into a pre-heated non stick pan, cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. When the pork is cooked rest for a minute and serve.